Our history

Domaine de l'Amaurigue has been owned by the De Groot Family since 1998. Dick and Eugénie as well as their two children, Fleur and Melvin, fell in love with the charms of this exceptional property.

Originally, l’Amaurigue was a farm built in 1786 and the estate was mainly made up of forests. The first vines were planted in the 1960s thanks to the owners at that time, the Excoffon family, who selected the best varieties to be planted on the best parcels of the estate.

Since their arrival, the De Groot family has completely renovated the living parts of the estate and the ageing vineyard respecting the originality of the place. One of the major steps in this historical restructuring of the l’Amaurigue estate was the building of a modern wine-making cellar. Actually, until then the produce had been taken to the village's cooperative cellar.

Thus, since 2000, l’Amaurigue estate has been making all its wine on its own estate, classed AOP Côtes de Provence. Today the wines are distributed in France, the rest of Europe, US and China.

Every year, new projects are launched: extending the vineyard, planting new olive trees and renovating of the hundreds of meter old stone walls.